About the Animal Interfaith Alliance (AIA)
The Animal Interfaith Alliance (AIA) is a unique alliance of faith based, animal advocacy organisations which represents all the major faiths. It speaks out on the moral treatment of animals by drawing on the combined wisdom of all faiths, and it promotes social harmony by bringing the faith groups together on an issue they all share a concern for. AIA’s activities include animal advocacy and education.
Vision and Mission
Our Vision is a peaceful world where people of all faiths and none work together to treat animals with respect and compassion.
Our Mission is to create a united voice for animals from all of the major faiths to bring about a world where animals are treated with respect and compassion.
Why Faith Matters
People of faith make up over 80% of the world’s population. Their views make a difference and can lead to global transformation.
This article's link: https://www.hkbnews.net/post/about-the-animal-interfaith-alliance-aia
Original Link: https://animal-interfaith-alliance.com/
What We Do
Members – We bring together diverse faith-based animal advocacy organisations to be a strong united voice for animals. Meet our member organisations.
– We believe in ahimsa – a vegan lifestyle which does not harm others;
– Animals are sentient beings who have the right to live freely and not to be made to suffer by humans;
– Animals exist for their own sakes and not for ours;
– Animals are emotional beings who can love us and provide companionship, and can be members of our family and community;
– We are part of an interconnected web which includes the Earth and all its inhabitants, both plant and animals. By abusing part of that web, we damage the rest of it, including the environment and ourselves.
Our Eight Key Ambitions
Animal Spirit Magazine: https://animal-interfaith-alliance.com/magazine-2/
AIA is a member of: https://wfa.org/